Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just Ride


I commute from my house to work and graduate school five days a week. Five of those days I ride my bike. Truth be told, I would not want to do it any other way. The time I spend riding gives me a chance to think, breathe, and enjoy being outside. Rather than driving a box from one box to another I am moving myself outside the box, in the world that I love. I stumbled over a great photo from the Salsa Cycles Blog and thought I would share.

Riding bikes is what it is all about.

Remember when you were a kid and you just rode your bike because you loved to ride and didn't have anything else to do? I challenge myself to get back to this feeling every once in awhile. It seems that most times I ride to get from one place to another, or for a workout. I still enjoy the ride, but for reasons other than the fact that I love to ride.

I have to remind myself that it is about the ride. Not about the bike, the kit, the tires or the components. Just ride...


No comments:

Post a Comment